Personal Information We Collect
When you use the Site, we may collect the following information about you:
- When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- If you sign up to receive any of our newsletters, we collect your email address and we may also collect your name and other information from you, including which newsletters you are interested in receiving from us.
- We may collect information from you, such as your zip code, to provide to third parties that we connect you with through forms and links on the Site. We may also collect information from third parties when you click on a link that takes you to the third party’s website.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the information that we collect about you to:
- Provide services you elect to receive from us such as our email newsletters, updates from the Car Talk Community, and/or other services that require or use your personal information.
- Respond to you if you email us or fill out a form on our website with comments, questions or a request.
- Improve and personalize our content to you and other customers.
- Personalize your experience on our Services, including through advertising, and to provide you information about our Services and particular offers that you may be interested in.
How We Share Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties in the following ways:
- Our services may disclose information about you to advertising networks. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- We provide links and forms on certain pages within the Site that allow you to connect with third party merchants and affiliates. When you click on a link to a third party where we have a commision relationship, we may share information with the third party so that we can receive credit for referring you there. In some cases we collect information on behalf of a third party affiliate using a web form, such as for entering your zip code to receive personalized offers. In such cases, we may share the information collected in the web form with the third party affiliate.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We use Shopify to power our online store called Shameless Commerce, which we’ve linked to from the Site -- you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We may share your information with Shopify to process a purchase transaction you choose to make through the store.
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Additional Information About Privacy
The following is additional information about privacy and your use of Car Talk’s digital services including the Site:
You have the right to unsubscribe from any newsletters or email communications that you no longer wish to receive from us. To do so, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
* The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. If you are a minor under the age of 18, please do not provide any personal information on the Site.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us using the web form at this link or by mail using the details provided below:
CarTalk Digital, Inc.
1818 Library Street
Reston, VA, 20190