Where can I find pictures of ancient automobiles like the Hupmobile or the DeVeux?

Dear Car Talk

Dear Car Talk | Jul 01, 1996

Dear Tom and Ray:

I'm 78 years old and my grandchildren won't believe that
there was an auto called the Hupmobile, or that I owned a
DeVeux coupe complete with a rumble seat. Can you tell me
where I can get photos of these cars to show the kids? --

RAY: Maybe they have good reason not to believe you, John.
When my father got to be your age, he started telling us
stories about having dinner with his good friends, the
space aliens, and their space cat, Voutrous.

TOM: The best place to get what you want is the Automotive
History Collection at the Detroit Public Library. For a
modest fee, they'll photocopy pictures of these cars and
send them to you. You can reach them at (313) 833-1456.

* * *
Buying a car? Don't do it before you read How to Buy a
Used Car: Things Detroit and Tokyo Don't Want You to Know.
You can order this brand-new pamphlet by sending $3 and a
stamped (55 cents), self-addressed, No.10 envelope to Used
Car, PO Box 6420, Riverton, NJ 08077-6420.

Got a question about cars? Write to Click and Clack Talk
Cars in care of this newspaper. We can't answer your letter
personally but will run the best letters in the column. You
can also e-mail us by visiting http://cartalk.com on the
World Wide Web.
c 1996 by Tom and Ray Magliozzi and Doug Berman
Distributed by King Features Syndicate, Inc.

Get the Car Talk Newsletter

Got a question about your car?

Ask Someone Who Owns One