When you donate your car to public radio through the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program, you make a valuable contribution to keep your favorite local and NPR programs on the air.
Besides supporting public radio, your vehicle donation has a positive environmental and economic impact. Over 12 million cars enter the recycling stream every year through donation which contributes $25 billion annually to the national GDP and provides nearly 100,000 jobs.
And that’s not all!
- More than 80% of the materials used in a car are recycled.
- Steel makes up most of a car’s body weight, and steel is endlessly recyclable! Each year more than 18 million tons are melted down and reused.
- The U.S. and Canada recycle enough steel to produce 13 million new vehicles.
- Car recycling saves 85 million barrels of oil from being used to make new parts.
- Fluids and oils are safely removed from recycled vehicles to equal 8 Exxon Valdez oil spills.
- About 90% of a vehicle’s aluminum is recycled, which accounts for less than 10% of its weight but up to 50% of its recycled value.
- Approximately 99% of car batteries are recycled.
Click here to start the car donation process!