Oregon has about 1.4 million vehicles registered across the state. The average vehicle registered is 13.7 years old, about two years older than the national average. With that many cars registered, you know that there are tens of thousands of cars in Oregon just sitting around that you wouldn’t pay to fix if somebody dared you. But forgotten, unused, unloved cars are a great source of funding for your favorite local public radio station.
While the best part of donating a car in Oregon is the support you provide to the people who deliver news, music and insightful talk to your radio every single day, the second best part is how easy it is to donate:
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Follow this link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program or call us at 1-877-215-0227.
- Answer the questions about your car and yourself.
- Select a date and time to have your car picked up.
It’s really that easy.
Of course, there’s a bit of paperwork you need to fill out. On the day your vehicle is picked up, you’ll need a few things to complete the process:
Vehicle Title: In order to complete your Oregon car donation, transfer your title by PRINTING and SIGNING your name in the SELLER section on the BACK and make sure it’s EXACTLY as it appears printed on the front of the title.
Day of Pickup
The day of your scheduled vehicle pickup, you’ll need to provide the driver with the completed title, along with the keys. After the vehicle sells, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
Oregon Car Donation Resources
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the Oregon Public Radio station of your choice.
136 W 8th Ave
Eugene, OR 97401
- KMUN-FM (91.9)
- KOAB-FM (91.3)
- Coos Bay
- KSBA-FM (88.5)
- KOAC-AM (550)
- KLFO-FM (88.1)
- KMHD-FM (89.1)
- Myrtle Point
- KOOZ-FM (94.1)
- KLCO-FM (90.5)
- KRBM-FM (90.9)
- KOPB-FM (91.5)
- KLFR-FM (89.1)
- KTCB-FM (89.5)
- KCPB-FM (90.9)
- Other Charities
- ALS Association, AS220, ASPCA: The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Adoption RI, American Cancer Society, American Liver Foundation, Arthritis Foundation, Bert's Big Adventure, Boulder Shelter for the Homeless, Cars for Charity, Children's Wishes, Clean Ocean Access, Colorado Cristian Services, Commonweal, Concern Worldwide, D.A.R.E. Massachusetts, DAV (Disabled American Veterans), Feed The Children, Francis House, Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation, Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Center, Habitat for Humanity, Humane Society of Boulder Valley, James L. Maher Center, Longmont Humane Society, March of Dimes, Military Family Advisory Network (MFAN), Mount Dora Children's Home, NPH USA, Nebraska Humane Society, North Shore Animal League America, Ocean State Theatre Co., Inc., One Laptop Per Child, PATH, PRI / PRX, Preserve Our Gas, RI PBS, Rhode Island Community Food Bank, Rocky Mountain Feline Rescue, Ronald McDonald House of Durham, Songs of Love, Special Olympics Rhode Island, The Mind Body Awareness Project, Toys for Tots, U.S. Fund for UNICEF, WORLD Magazine, We Share Hope
Oregon Car Donation FAQs
- Q: My car won’t pass emissions in Oregon. Is it still ok to donate to an Oregon Public Radio station?
Yes! Vehicles from 1975 or newer that are registered in the Portland area must have their emissions tested regularly. If your vehicle won’t pass and it’s clogging up your driveway, we’ll still take it. A vehicle donation is a great way to move that car along and support your favorite public radio station.
- Q: How much money from my car donation goes to my local public radio station?
We're very proud that our program returns the largest percentage of gross proceeds to stations. We are all public radio employees, and fans. We are doing this because we love your station as much as you do. There are costs and fees that have to be deducted during the car donation process. We have to pay for car pickup or towing, title transfer, auction or dismantling fees, and other costs associated with the program. However, when it's all said and done, we return a minimum of 70% of the gross proceeds to the station, a number that makes your station very happy.
- Q: Do you accept any vehicle, anywhere?
Yes, we accept cars, trucks, boats, planes, motorcycles, RVs, and heavy farm equipment, running or not. Just nothing by Fisher Price. No smog certificate is necessary. We pick up vehicles anywhere in the country, with very few exceptions.