How do I donate a vehicle to West Virginia Public Broadcasting?
Donating a vehicle to public radio in West Virginia is an easy process, but you’ll want to be aware of a few specific steps:
- Select the public radio station in West Virginia you’d like to support
- Complete and sign your vehicle title
- Note: If your vehicle is missing its title, you can obtain a duplicate from the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles. You can learn more at the West Virginia Division of Motor Vehicles website.
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to get started, call us at 1-877-215-0227 or you can choose the West Virginia Public Radio Stations from the list below.
- Answer the questions about your car and yourself.
- Select a date and time to have your car picked up.
How do I fill out my West Virginia Title when I donate a vehicle to West Virginia Public Broadcasting?
In order to complete your West Virginia car donation, transfer your title by PRINTING and SIGNING your name on the BACK of the title where it’s marked “SIGNATURE(S) OF SELLER(S).” Make sure it’s EXACTLY as it appears printed on the front of the title.
What should I expect when the tow truck comes to pick up my donated vehicle?
The day of your scheduled vehicle pickup, you’ll need to provide the driver with the completed title, along with the keys. After the vehicle sells, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
What kinds of vehicles can I donate to West Virginia Public Broadcasting?
Just about anything. Naturally, we’ll accept cars and trucks, but we also accept travel trailers, ATVs, dirtbikes and personal watercraft.
West Virginia has more than 550,000 vehicles registered across the state. The average vehicle registered is 12.4 years old, a year older than the national average. With that many vehicles registered, there are tens of thousands of cars in West Virginia just sitting around that you wouldn’t pay to fix if somebody dared you. But forgotten, unused, unloved cars are a great source of funding for your favorite local public radio station.
While the best part of donating a car in West Virginia is the support you provide to the people who deliver news, music and insightful talk to your radio every single day, the second best part is how easy it is to donate.
What if my car won’t run? Is it still ok to donate to a West Virginia Public Radio station?
Yes! Even if your car isn’t running, we can help you get rid of it. A vehicle donation is a great way to move that car along and support your favorite public radio station.
What Stations Does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support in West Virginia?
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the West Virginia Public Radio station of your choice.