Washington Public Radio Car Donation
The Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program will deliver 80% of the funds from the sale of a donation directly to the Washington public radio station of your choice. The best part of donating a car in Washington is the support you provide to the people who deliver the local news, events, and programs talk to your radio each day. It’s easy to donate, we’ll show you how:
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to get started, call us at 1-877-215-0227, or select the Washington Public Radio Station you want to donate to from the list below.
- Answer the questions about yourself and the vehicle.
- Choose a date and time to have your car picked up.
Once you’ve followed the steps above, you’re all set!
What paperwork do I need to complete my car donation?
To complete your Washington car donation, you’ll need to transfer the vehicle title. You can fill out your title by following these steps:
- Sign your name in two places: the front of the title where it says "REGISTERED OWNER SIGNATURE,” and the bottom of the front of the title where it reads "SIGNATURE(S) OF SELLER(S)."
- Print your name on the bottom of the title where it reads "PRINTED NAME(S) OF SELLER(S)."
- Make sure your name is signed and printed EXACTLY as it appears printed on the front of the title.
Missing your vehicle title? You can obtain a duplicate from the Washington State Department of Licensing. Visit the Washington State Department of Licensing website to learn more.
What happens on the day my vehicle is picked up?
On the day your car is scheduled to be picked up, you’ll need to provide the driver with the completed title in addition to the car keys. After your vehicle is sold, you'll receive a donation receipt for tax purposes.
Can I donate my car to a Washington Public Radio station if it won’t pass an emissions test?
Yes! Washington stopped testing emissions after almost 40 years, but if you’re worried about polluting the atmosphere, we can help you get rid of your old car. A vehicle donation is a great way to move that car along and support your favorite Washington public radio station.
Does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support my local Washington Public Radio station?
When you donate a car through the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program, you’ll be able to choose the Washington Public Radio station that you want the funds to support. KUOW - 94.9 FM is Seattle’s public radio station that delivers programs to listeners throughout the Puget Sound region. Your KUOW car donation will support your favorite programs like Seattle Now, The Record, and SoundQs.
- KZAZ-FM (91.7)
- KSWS-FM (88.9)
- KHNW-FM (88.3)
- KNWV-FM (90.5)
- KNWR-FM (90.7)
- KNWU-FM (91.5)
- Moses Lake
- KLWS-FM (91.5)
- Mount Vernon
- KMWS-FM (90.1)
- KQWS-FM (90.1)
- Port Angeles
- KNWP-FM (90.1)
- KWSU-AM (1250)
- KFAE-FM (89.1)
- Seattle / Tacoma
- KNKX-FM (88.5)
- KUOW-AM (1340)
- KVTI-FM (90.9)
- Walla Walla
- KWWS-FM (89.7)