What happens on the day my donated car is picked up?
The day of your scheduled vehicle pickup, you’ll need to provide the driver with the completed title, along with the keys. After the vehicle sells, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
How difficult is it to donate a car in Rhode Island?
Donating a car to an NPR Member Station in Rhode Island is easy, but there are a few steps to remember:
- Select the public radio station in Rhode Island you’d like to support
- Complete and sign your vehicle title
- Note: If your vehicle is missing its title, you can obtain a duplicate from the Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles. You can find out how at the Rhode Island DMV website.
My car won’t pass emissions in Rhode Island. Is it still ok to donate to a Rhode Island Public Radio station?
Yes! Vehicles registered in Rhode Island must pass emissions every two years. If your vehicle won’t pass and it’s clogging up your driveway, we’ll still take it. A vehicle donation is a great way to move that car along and support your favorite public radio station.
What kind of vehicle can I donate to an NPR station in Rhode Island?
Rhode Island has about 415,000 cars, trucks, vans, SUVs and motorcycles registered across the state. The average vehicle registered is 10.9 years old, a year or so lower than the national average. Even with that few cars registered, you know that there are thousands of cars in Rhode Island just sitting around that you wouldn’t pay to fix if somebody dared you. But forgotten, unused, unloved cars are a great source of funding for your favorite local public radio station. We’ll even take boats, snowmobiles and ATVs.
While the best part of donating a car in Rhode Island is the support you provide to the people who deliver news, music and insightful talk to your radio every single day, the second best part is how easy it is to donate:
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to get started, call us at 1-877-215-0227 or you can choose the Rhode Island Public Radio Stations from the list below.
- Answer the questions about your car and yourself.
- Select a date and time to have your car picked up.
It’s really that easy.
What paperwork should I have ready when I donate a vehicle to a Rhode Island NPR member station?
On the day your vehicle is picked up, you’ll need a few things to complete the process:
Vehicle Title: In order to complete your Rhode Island car donation, transfer your title by PRINTING and SIGNING your name in the SELLER section on the BACK and make sure it’s EXACTLY as it appears printed on the front of the title.
What Stations Does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support in Rhode Island?
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the Rhode Island Public Radio station of your choice.
Rhode Island Public Radio