How do I donate a vehicle to Mississippi Public Broadcasting?
Donating a vehicle to public radio in Mississippi is an easy process, but you’ll want to be aware of a few specific steps:
- Select the public radio station in Mississippi you’d like to support
- Complete and sign your vehicle title
- Note: If your vehicle is missing its title, you can obtain a duplicate online from the Mississippi Department Revenue. You can learn more about title replacement at the the Mississippi Department of Revenue website.
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to get started, call us at 1-877-215-0227 or you can choose the Mississippi Public Radio Stations from the list below.
- Answer the questions about your car and yourself.
- Select a date and time to have your car picked up.
How do I fill out my vehicle title when I donate a vehicle to Mississippi Public Broadcasting?
In order to complete your Mississippi car donation, transfer your title by PRINTING and SIGNING your name in the correct field of the at the bottom of the “ASSIGNMENT OF TITLE BY REGISTERED OWNER” box on the BACK of the title, and make sure it’s EXACTLY as it appears printed on the front of the title.
What do I expect on the day the tow truck comes to collect the vehicle I donated?
The day of your scheduled vehicle pickup, you’ll need to provide the driver with the completed title, along with the keys. After the vehicle sells, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
Can I donate something other than a car to Mississippi Public Broadcasting?
Yes! Boats, ATVs, dirtbikes, personal watercraft can all provide necessary funds to help support Mississippi Public Broadcasting.
Mississippi has about 825,0000 vehicles registered across the state. The average vehicle in the North Star State is 13.7 years old, more than two years older than the national average. That means there are tens of thousands of cars sitting around in the state that you wouldn’t pay to fix if somebody dared you. But forgotten, unused, unloved cars are a great source of funding for your favorite local public radio station.
While the best part of donating a car in Mississippi is the support you provide to the people who deliver news, music and insightful talk to your radio every single day, the second best part is how easy it is to donate.
My car won’t run. Is it still ok to donate to a Mississippi Public Radio station?
Yes! If your vehicle is currently clogging up your driveway because it died sometime around the period when Punky Brewster was on the air, we’ll help you get rid of it and you’ll put it to good use. A vehicle donation is a great way to move that car along and support your favorite public radio station.
What Stations Does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support in Mississippi?
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the Mississippi Public Radio station of your choice.