How to Donate a Car to Maryland Public Radio
The Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program will deliver 80% of the revenue from a car donation directly to the Maryland public radio station of your choice. Your Maryland public radio car donation will support the stations that deliver the news, music and entertainment content to your radio every day. Donating a car in Maryland is an easy process. Don’t believe us? Here’s how:
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to get started, call us at 1-877-215-0227, or you can pick your local Maryland Public Radio Station from the list below.
- Provide some information about your car and yourself.
- Pick a date and time to have the vehicle picked up.
It’s that simple.
What else is needed to complete my vehicle donation?
To complete your Maryland car donation, you’ll have to transfer your vehicle title. Here’s how:
- PRINTING and SIGNING your name in the correct field of the “ASSIGNMENT OF TITLE” box on the BACK of the title, and
- make sure it’s EXACTLY as it appears printed at the top of the title.
Missing your vehicle title? You can obtain a duplicate online from the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration. You can apply for title replacement on the Maryland Secretary of State’s website using Form VR-018.
What will happen the day my vehicle is picked up?
On the day of your scheduled vehicle pickup, you’ll have to give the tow driver the completed vehicle title along with the car keys. After your vehicle is sold, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
What Maryland public radio stations benefit from the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program?
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the Maryland Public Radio station of your choice. WYPR - 88.1 FM informs and connects listeners in the Baltimore area through cultural and educational programs. Your WYPR car donation will help fund favorite programming such as Humanities Connections, Radio Kitchen, and The Daily Dose.