Donating a vehicle to public radio in Kentucky is an easy process, but you’ll want to be aware of a few specific steps
- Select the public radio station in Kentucky you’d like to support
- Complete and sign your vehicle title
- Note: If your vehicle is missing its title, you can obtain a duplicate from the state. You can find out more about title replacement on the state’s website.
My car won’t run. Is it still ok to donate to my Kentucky Public Radio member station?
Yes! If your vehicle is gathering leaves and dust in your driveway because it won’t run, we’ll help you get rid of it and you’ll put it to good use. A vehicle donation is a great way to move that car along and support your favorite public radio station.
Can I donate a vehicle other than a car to Kentucky Public Radio?
YES! We’ll take your swamp buggy, car, truck, van, SUV, motorcycle, RV, travel trailer, boat, and lots of other modes of transportation as a donation. Check with us to determine whether those need a title to donate.
Somewhere near 1.7 million cars and trucks are registered in Kentucky. The average vehicle in the Bluegrass State is 13 years old, a bit older than the national average. Older forgotten, unused, unloved cars are worth donating to your favorite local public radio station.
While the best part of donating a car in Kentucky is the support you provide to the people who deliver news, music and insightful talk to your radio every single day, the second best part is how easy it is to donate:
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to get started, call us at 1-877-215-0227 or you can choose the Kentucky Public Radio Stations from the list below.
- Answer the questions about your car and yourself.
- Select a date and time to have your car picked up.
It’s really that easy.
What kind of paperwork should I fill out when donating a car to Kentucky Public Radio?
On the day your vehicle is picked up, you’ll need a to complete the vehicle title.
Transfer your title by PRINTING and SIGNING your name in the top field on the BACK of the title, and make sure it’s EXACTLY as it appears printed at the top of the title.
What should I expect when my donated vehicle is picked up?
The day of your scheduled vehicle pickup, you’ll need to provide the driver with the completed title, along with the keys. After the vehicle sells, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
What Stations Does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support in Kentucky?
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the Kentucky Public Radio station of your choice.