Donate a Car to NPR in Kansas
Donation through the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program will deliver 80% of the gross proceeds from the sale of your vehicle directly to the Kansas public radio station of your choice. Your Kansas car donation will support the stations that deliver the news, music, and entertainment content to your radio every day. Donating a car to public radio in Kansas is an easy process! To get started, follow these steps:
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program, call us at 1-877-215-0227, or choose your local Kansas Public Radio Station from the list below.
- Give us some information about yourself and the vehicle.
- Within 2-3 days, a tow driver will contact you to arrange a pickup time for your vehicle.
All that’s left to do is sign over your title and you’re done!
What paperwork do I need to complete my donation?
In order to complete your Kansas car donation, you’ll need to transfer your title by:
- PRINTING and SIGNING your name in the box marked “ASSIGNMENT OF TITLE” on the back of the title.
- Make sure your name is printed and signed EXACTLY as it appears printed at the top of the title.
If you can’t find your vehicle title, you can obtain a duplicate from the Department of Revenue. Visit the DOR website to learn more about title replacement.
What can I expect on the day my car is picked up?
On the day your vehicle is scheduled to be picked up, you’ll hand over the completed title to the tow driver along with the keys to the vehicle. After your car is sold, you'll receive an email with your vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
Can I donate my car to a Kansas public radio station if it doesn’t run?
Yes! If your vehicle is gathering leaves and dust in your driveway because it won’t run, we’ll help you get rid of it and you’ll put it to good use. A vehicle donation is a great way to move that car along and support your favorite Kansas public radio station.
Which Kansas public radio stations does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support?
Your donation to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program will support the Kansas Public Radio station of your choice. KANU - 91.5 FM is Kansas Public Radio’s flagship station that has been broadcasting since 1954. Your Kansas Public Radio car donation will support programs like KPR Presents, Weekend Edition Saturday, and Weekend Edition Sunday.