How do I donate a vehicle to an Idaho NPR member station?
Donating a vehicle to public radio in Idaho is simple, but you’ll want to be aware of a few specific steps:
- Select the public radio station in Idaho you’d like to support
- Complete and sign your vehicle title
- Note: Idaho requires a title for any vehicle. If you don’t have the title, you can file for a replacement with the state.
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to get started, call us at 1-877-215-0227 or you can choose the Idaho Public Radio Stations from the list below.
- Answer the questions about your car and yourself.
- Select a date and time to have your car picked up.
There are almost 600,000 vehicles registered privately in Idaho. The average car in the Gem State is 14.5 years old, beating the US average by more than three years. That means there are tens of thousands of cars sitting around that could be put to better use. These forgotten, unused, unloved cars can be a great source of revenue for your favorite public radio station in Idaho.
While the best part of donating a car in Idaho is the support you provide to the people who deliver news, music and insightful talk to your radio every single day, the second best part is how easy it is to donate.
How do I fill out my vehicle title when donating to a public radio member station in Idaho?
In order to complete your Idaho car donation, transfer your title by PRINTING your name in SECTION 3 on the FRONT of the title, and SIGNING your name in SECTION 4A on the FRONT of the title, and be sure to fill it out EXACTLY as it appears in the Registered Owner section.
What should I expect when the tow truck comes to pick up my donated vehicle?
The day of your scheduled vehicle pickup, you’ll need to provide the driver with the completed title, along with the keys. After the vehicle sells, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
My vehicle doesn’t currently pass Idaho emissions? Is it still ok to donate to an Idaho public radio station?
Yes! Cars newer than 1981 must be tested for emissions every other year in Idaho. Failure is what may relegate a lot of cars to permanent driveway duty. We’ll even take a non-running car and you’ll see a tax benefit along with the satisfaction of helping your favorite local Idaho Public Radio member station.
What Stations Does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support in Idaho?
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the Idaho Public Radio station of your choice.