How difficult is it to donate a car in Hawaii?
Donating a vehicle to public radio in Hawaii is an easy process, but you’ll want to be aware of a few specific steps:
- Select the public radio station in Hawaii you’d like to support
- Complete and sign your vehicle title
- Note: If your vehicle is missing its title, you can obtain a duplicate from the City and County of Honolulu Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing and Permits. You can download the form at the website.
- Have your vehicle title ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to get started, call us at 1-877-215-0227 or you can choose the Hawaii Public Radio Stations from the list below.
- Answer the questions about your car and yourself.
- Select a date and time to have your car picked up.
How do I fill out a Hawaii title when I donate a vehicle to Hawaii Public Radio?
In order to complete your Hawaii car donation, transfer your title by SIGNING your name on the FRONT of the title where it’s marked “PRINTED NAME AND SIGNATURE OF SELLER.” Make sure it’s EXACTLY as it appears printed on the front of the title.
What should I expect the day the tow truck comes to pick up my donated vehicle?
The day of your scheduled vehicle pickup, you’ll need to provide the driver with the completed title, along with the keys. After the vehicle sells, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
Can I donate vehicles other than cars and trucks to Hawaii Public Radio?
Yes. Hawaii has more than 500,000 vehicles registered across the state, but that doesn’t include things like boats and watercraft. We’ll take those, along with ATVs, travel trailers and RVs, just about anything you use to get around.
The average vehicle registered is 11.7 years old, right at the national average. Even with that few cars registered, there are still thousands of cars in Hawaii just sitting around that you wouldn’t pay to fix if somebody dared you. But forgotten, unused, unloved cars are a great source of funding for your favorite local public radio station.
While the best part of donating a car in Hawaii is the support you provide to the people who deliver news, music and insightful talk to your radio every single day, the second best part is how easy it is to donate.
My car won’t run. Is it still ok to donate to a Hawaii Public Radio station?
Yes! Even if your car isn’t running, we can help you get rid of it. A vehicle donation is a great way to move that car along and support your favorite public radio station.
What Stations Does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support in Hawaii?
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the Hawaii Public Radio station of your choice.