Donate Your Car to NPR in Connecticut
All donations through the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program return 80% of the proceeds from the sale of your vehicle directly to the Connecticut public radio station of your choice. Donating a car in Connecticut allows you to provide support to the Connecticut Public Radio stations that produce the entertainment and news content you listen to every day. The best part? It’s easy to donate! Here’s how:
- Have your vehicle title and current registration ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program to get started, call us at 1-877-215-0227, or select the Connecticut Public Radio Station of your choice from the list below.
- Provide some information about yourself and your car.
- Choose a date and time for your vehicle to be picked up.
It’s that simple!
Do I have to fill out paperwork to complete my car donation?
Don’t worry, you can fill out your Connecticut title by following these steps:
- PRINTING and SIGNING your name in the seller/owner field, at the bottom of the “TRANSFER BY OWNER” section on the back of the title.
- Be sure your name is filled out EXACTLY as it appears on the front of the title.
Connecticut requires a title for all vehicles. If you don’t have the title, you can file for a replacement with the state.
What happens when my vehicle is picked up?
On the day your vehicle is scheduled to be picked up, you’ll need to provide the driver with the signed title along with the keys to your car. Once the car sells, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
Can I donate my car in Connecticut if it doesn’t pass the emissions test?
Yes! If your vehicle is newer than 1996, you’re required to have emissions tested every two years in Connecticut, and it’s the reason a lot of vehicles get relegated to permanent driveway duty. But we’ll take it, and you’ll see a tax benefit along with the satisfaction of helping your favorite local Public Radio affiliate.
Does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support my favorite public radio station in Connecticut?
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the Connecticut Public Radio station of your choice. WNPR - 90.5 FM is Connecticut’s source of news, information, and talk show programs. Your WNPR car donation will help support your favorite programs such as Where We Live, The Colin McEnroe Show, and Disrupted.