Arizona Public Radio Car Donation
A donation through the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program will deliver 80% of the gross proceeds from the sale of the vehicle to the Arizona public radio station of your choice. When you donate a car to public radio in Arizona, you’ll support the people and stations that produce the news and entertainment programs you listen to every day. Donating a car in Arizona is a simple process, here’s how to get started:
- Have your vehicle title and ready.
- Click the link to the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program, call us at 1-877-215-0227, or choose your local Arizona Public Radio Station from the list below.
- Answer some questions about yourself and your vehicle.
- Select a time and date for your car to be picked up.
Voilà-- it’s that easy!
What paperwork needs to be filled out to complete my car donation?
In order to complete your Arizona car donation, you’ll have to transfer your vehicle title. Here’s how to sign your Arizona title:
- PRINTING and SIGNING your name in the seller/owner field, right under the ODOMETER READING section.
- Make sure your name is filled out EXACTLY as it appears on the front of the title.
If you don’t have your vehicle title, you can file for a replacement with the state.
What should I expect on the day my vehicle is picked up?
When your vehicle is picked up, you’ll need to give the tow driver the completed title and the keys to the car. After your car is sold, you'll receive a vehicle donation receipt for tax purposes.
Can I get a tax write off for donating my car in Arizona?
If you itemize your taxes, you can deduct the sale price of your vehicle if it sells for over $500. If the car sells for less than $500, you can deduct the fair market value of the vehicle up to $499. To determine your car’s fair market value, use a website like Kelly Blue Book. After your vehicle sells, you will receive a sales receipt for tax purposes.
Which public radio stations in Arizona does the Car Talk Vehicle Donation Program support?
The Car Talk Vehicle donation program will provide funds to the Arizona Public Radio station of your choice. KNAU - 88.7 FM is northern Arizona’s source of news, culture, and entertainment programming. Your Arizona Public Radio car donation will support popular NPR programs such as Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and 1A.
Arizona Public Radio