- VW to announce $1B investment in Mexico plant. Fun fact: in Spanish, the word "Toureg" sounds just as dumb. Autoblog
- Nissan expands Altima hood latch recall to 625k cars. Hood failure was entirely in keeping with their motto, “Innovation that excites.” Autoblog
- Insurance companies fretting about losing money on driverless cars. On the plus side, they’re still years away from teaching driverless cars how to file their own claims. Autoblog
- Fiat Chrysler re-recalls 703,000 minivans and SUVs over faulty ignition switch. Chrysler notes they've lowered emissions 10,000% simply by removing all their vehicles from the road. Automotive News
- Fiat Chrysler enjoys a labor-cost advantage over Ford after breaking a tradition of pattern deals with the UAW during its 2009 bankruptcy. Can UAW fix Tier 2 disparity? Chrysler broke a tradition of pattern deals, so maybe the UAW broke the legs of Chrysler management? Automotive News
Got a question about your car?