1001 Engines & Transmissions

  • 4.8 of 5 stars
4 reviews

6220 Old Providence Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23464, us

(757) 726-7956

Email: 

Website URL: 

Is this YOUR shop? Claim it and stay up to date!

Javascript is required to view this map.

Add a review

Log in or Sign up to add a review

Hours
 
Specialties
Specializes in Air Conditioning work
Specializes in Brakes and Mufflers
Specializes in Engine Rebuild work
Loaners
No
Notes
 
They are always honest
5.0/5
They are competent
5.0/5
Their repair price is reasonable
5.0/5
They complete the work in a timely manner
3.8/5
They respond well when they screw something up
5.0/5
They take the time to explain the problems and necessary repairs
4.8/5
They treat male and female customers in the same manner
5.0/5
They are always honest
5.0/5
I would use this mechanic again
5.0/5
I would recommend this mechanic to others
5.0/5
They fix the problem the first time
4.5/5
The shop is located in a safe neighborhood
4.3/5
The hours of operation are convenient for customers
3.5/5
They are near public transportation (or provide loaners, shuttle bus, rides as needed)
4.0/5
Oct 22, 2008
Mr. Ray Allen is a great mechanic. He is fair and honest. kinda rare i should think.
Oct 08, 2003
Ray Allen, the owner, is a supremely honest man. If you can cut corners, he'll explain the options to do so. He also is willing to work with you, in terms of spreading out payment, if you're faced with a big repair.
Mar 31, 2012
  • ughnet
My 2000 Toyota Sienna made a loud POP! sound and went from 65mph to 45mph and started to sound like a roller coaster CLACKING loudly as it is pulled up to its first summit. Found 1001 Engines and Transmissions on www.cartalk.com while waiting for the tow truck. Prior reviews sounded promising so I sent my beloved van to 1001 while I headed to the airport for a rental. Hours are odd (6a-3p Mon-Fri) and their popularity makes for a long wait list. However, it was worth the wait. What I thought was either a broken rod or blown trasmission turned out to be only spark plugs (I had already started pricing out a new car). Less than $100 in parts and labor and I have my van back! I would highly recommend 1001 Engines & Transmissions.
Mar 18, 2017
  • crichard
Worked on all my vehicles since I accidentally found them 10+ years ago. Started out as a mobile mechanic. Now permanent. Maintained my vehicles 98% of times - - - the other 2% when needed quick oil change. Rebuilt transmission in one of cars that I still drive (240K miles). Excellent maintenance personnel with honest integrity and cost less than most dealers.

Get the Car Talk Newsletter



Add a shop

Know a great mechanic? Tell the world!

Get started

Geocoding courtesy of USC Spatial Sciences Institute