When to Replace Your Brakes? Our Top Ten
Which is your favorite? Tell us, and add your own suggestions in the comments below!
You know you should replace your brakes when . . .
- You have to pump the pedal like a drummer in a metal band. (Jack H.)
- You start anticipating red lights a week in advance (Davis S.)
- When you can no longer turn up your radio loud enough to drown out the squealing (Harriet E.)
- When the painted flames on your wheel-well become redundant. (Mike W.)
- Before your mechanic’s boat payment is due. (Don S.)
- You think train engineers have it easy. (Cleo B.)
- When your city invites you and your sparking disks to join the 4th of July festivities. (Emily Y. )
- You get tired of repacking the drag chute at every red light. (Caitlin M.)
- Kids ask if they can roast marshmallows in your wheel fire. (Bryan O.)