- Four-cylinder, 2.5-liter engine-- which is more than enough power for this car. It can cruise comfortably at 80 mph-- not that we would, mind you-- but it could, if one were so inclined.
- Six-speed, automatic transmission only got to 2,000 RPM at 70 MPH, resulting in a quiet, smooth ride on the highway.
- Without the low-profile tires that are becoming increasingly common, there's less road noise.
- Great visibility when compared to other competitors in the same class, and especially when compared to the Ford Taurus. The excellent visibility is a nice touch for geezers, but benefits all drivers.
- Very competent handling. Accelerates very smoothly.
- Good, basic transportation that will run reliably for 200,000 miles.
- A good price, of $24k MSRP.
- The styling is flat-out uncool-- even compared to the competing Honda Accord and Kia Optima.
- After a one-cycle nod to styling (the previous generation), Toyota seems to have just given up and admitted that the Camry is now a geezer car. Even the upholstery on LE says "Murder She Wrote." Presumably, higher-end trim levels will have nicer seating.
- On the other hand, nice big dials and buttons for us geezers!
- Three year, 36k warranty is a bit thin, compared to what other manufacturers are offering now.