Summer Driving Tips
P.S. Here's that list you can take to your mechanic.
- Check out the entire cooling system: radiator, coolant, belts and hoses, cooling fans, heater core and water pump.
- Tires: check tread depth, uneven wear and tire pressure, and get a real spare.
- The front end: check ball joints, tie rod ends and steering components.
- Check the suspension, including struts and shocks both front and rear.
- Change the oil. Look for leaks.
- Check the air conditioning system: refrigerant level, compressor clutch and belts.
- Check the tranny. Are you close to the recommended service interval? Is the fluid nice and clean? Any leaks?
- Check the brakes! We know you’re eager to get to your destination. But you want to stop when you get there, right?