- Bigger than the earlier edition Impreza... roomier, more practical, but still not a “big car.”
- Much improved mileage (27 city, 36 highway), impressive for an all-wheel-drive vehicle.
- Improved looks.
- Feels roomy inside.
- Very comfortable ride and decent handling.
- Good repair record, reasonably priced repairs.
- Refreshingly good visibility.
- Available luxuries, such as leather seats, seat heaters and more.
- Full-time, all-wheel-drive system.
- Available as hatchback or sedan.
- 25K if you get it loaded—not cheap, though that price does, of course, include all-wheel-drive.
- Occasional awkward, jerky sensations from the continuously variable transmission at low speeds.
- Red background lighting on dashboard can be hard to read.
- Small touch-screen controls for audio if you spring for the touch screen and navigation option.