Grab Some Car Talk Roadside Assistance!
Car Talk to the rescue!
Our new iPhone app, Breakdown Lane, can help you locate the nearest mechanic from Car Talk's database of listener-recommended garages, the Mechanics Files. See ratings, get directions and make a call– right from the app.
Also built into the app: roadside tips from Tom and Ray, including instructions for changing a flat tire and jump-starting your car. Waiting for a tow-truck? You can even listen to this week's show!
Grab Breakdown Lane now, and put Tom and Ray in your back pocket. In a manner of speaking, mind you.
Download it from the iTunes store
Effortlessly Find the Nearest Recommended Mechanic
- Map your location and see the closest Mechanics Files shops.
- Conveniently view the results.
- Touch a map marker to view a short summary of the shop. Call the shop and easily get directions to the garage.
- Wondering, "Where the heck am I?" Map it, then text your location and make it a snap for your rescue party to get there before the vultures find you!
Essential road-side tips from Tom & Ray
- Tom walks you through the basics of changing that flat tire, complete with tricks that no owner's manual would share!
- Jump start a dead battery with step-by-step instructions from Ray, and avoid fiery conflagrations.
- Save the important details of your jalopy and easily share them with any mechanic.
- Waiting for your roadside rescue, and forgot to bring along War and Peace? No problem! Listen to this week's episode of Car Talk right from the app.