Benner Automotive

  • 5.0 of 5 stars
3 reviews

1044 S Claremont St, San Mateo, CA 94402, us

(650) 578-0194

Email: 

Website URL: 

Is this YOUR shop? Claim it and stay up to date!

Javascript is required to view this map.

Add a review

Log in or Sign up to add a review

Hours
 
Specialties
Specialities: 
Loaners
No
Notes
 
They are always honest
5.0/5
They are competent
5.0/5
Their repair price is reasonable
4.7/5
They complete the work in a timely manner
5.0/5
They respond well when they screw something up
5.0/5
They take the time to explain the problems and necessary repairs
5.0/5
They treat male and female customers in the same manner
5.0/5
They are always honest
5.0/5
I would use this mechanic again
N/A
I would recommend this mechanic to others
N/A
They fix the problem the first time
5.0/5
The shop is located in a safe neighborhood
5.0/5
The hours of operation are convenient for customers
4.3/5
They are near public transportation (or provide loaners, shuttle bus, rides as needed)
4.3/5
Oct 12, 2008
Kevin is friendly , honest and takes the time to explain the problem and how he fixes it. I'm a DIY home mechanic and he even tells me how to fix some problems I'm having or what may be the problem with the car. He even sells me parts to do the job cheaper than the dealer. He is a wealth of advice on Volvos.I recently had Kevin work on my '92 Volvo , which had transmission problems for the last year (which I couldn't fix myself) and he fixed 90% of the problem. The other 10% he thought was better left to a transmission shop. He explained explained what he thought was the problem so I could take it back to tranny shop and have them repair it. Overall, I 'm very plaesed with the level of repair and quality of workmanship. W. C. Foster City, Ca
Oct 23, 2008
Kevin is a great person, he's always honest, dependable. He has maintained my car most of its life. Since he's been my mechanic, the car has never broken down and is running like new with 235k on the clock. His price are lower than Dealers and you don't have to keep returning for the same problems. He always keeps up with the latest models and gives great advice on which models perform better. GREAT PLACE!!
Jan 21, 2011
If you have a Volvo and don't use Kevin to maintain your car you are missing out. He is the friendliest nicest guy I have ever had wrench on my cars and that includes myself. One time tightened a bolt that was causing coolant to leak on my V70 and topped up the coolant and sent me on my way. He didn't charge me for the expensive Volvo coolant and told me he'd add it to my next service. He also spent quite a bit of time helping my Nanny with her car and since she was underpaid, I don't think he charged her a cent.

Get the Car Talk Newsletter



Add a shop

Know a great mechanic? Tell the world!

Get started

Geocoding courtesy of USC Spatial Sciences Institute